PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CPL Graduates... no jobs?
View Single Post
Old 14th Sep 2021, 05:22
Slippery_Pete

Received 364 Likes on 70 Posts
This is why I loathe so many of my colleagues in aviation. A young person comes in here, despondent at lack of flying jobs, and the majority of responses just demonstrate how incredibly egotistical most pilots are. Why can’t you be adults and be supportive of someone, rather than using it to dig in the knife in over their choices and start your own pity party?

“Never mind you mate, imagine if you were already working in aviation!”

“You shouldn’t have borrowed money to learn to fly.”

”Here’s a song about crying tears.”

With so many self-centred, egotistical responses from Aussie pilots - it’s no surprise ‘89 happened.

Petra - it will be okay. Get other employment ASAP, get lots of hobbies and outside interests to keep your mind and body busy, but simultaneously keep beating on doors to get your first flying job. Life can’t be controlled, and things will happen when the universe wants them to - not on your schedule.

I finished my CPL and MECIR within weeks of September 11 and thought I’d never get a job as pilot. It didn’t take too long to find something, and then a few years later there was an incredible pilot shortage. Aviation is a feast and famine industry. We’re in famine at the moment, so feast is coming.