PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bamboo Airways T&C
View Single Post
Old 14th Sep 2021, 04:20
ia1166

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Lucifer786
Quite frankly I don’t know of a single pilot who has been free to leave from and return to VN without the overbearing restrictions of extensive quarantines and multiple invasive PCNR checks. Notwithstanding the fact that VN has been in the red list since last 6 months and only recently moved to amber temporarily.
So if you know someone who’s moving across international borders then it’s great. I don’t.
And how do you suppose one jumps a contract and bond after signing and accepting it.
My point was that the odds were stacking up against leaving the country and or the company due to unfair labor practicing. And now they were dangerously high.
10.5K USD PM is approx 60% pre covid levels I believe.
Just clarifications that’s all.
Now off to my pinacolada … 🍹
Me. I did, so did quite a few other VN pilots. There are quite a few I know who have gone back home as recently last month and will return in a couple of months. Germany to be specific. Also France 2 months ago. Portugal 3 months ago and was supposed to return but has extended his LWOP. Bulgarian went in May with permission to return. A 321 skipper I know is leaving 1/10 for 3 to 4 months to see his family. All with permission and allowed to return. One Australian came back last July, renewed his license, and went back to Australia. He is now back here again.

Still need to fulfill quarantine requirements on return at your own expense. But you need to do just to go on holiday these days. It is down to 1 week now for double vax geniuses. Non vaxxed Einsteins will not get far.

My point is if you sign a contract you need to read it carefully. Maybe consider a worse case scenario. Sounds to me like people are just signing anything. I know a 320 pilot who recently refused a contract unless he was paid in full from day 1. He got what he wanted.

Maybe negotiate. Maybe be careful what you sign up for. I am sure a bond to cover quarantine until you complete training was on the contract. As was no salary until line check. Maybe read these things and realize it may all go horrible wrong. Maybe not just see the promise of 10500 a month and read the contract in full.