PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracking down a Bell 47 serial
View Single Post
Old 13th Sep 2021, 11:48
Stu666

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Tracking down a Bell 47 reg

Hello all, I am, for purely nostalgic reasons, trying to track down the serial of the first aircraft I ever flew on, a Bell 47 helicopter.

This would have taken place when I was a young lad in the early '90's, likely between 1992 - '94. As I recall, my father took me to a pub somewhere in Cheshire which was operating helicopter pleasure flights. I cannot for the life of me remember the name or location of the pub, and my father has sadly long since passed.

My memories of it are mostly hazy, but I recall being out in the sticks somewhere and we must have been near a river or stream as I clearly remember thinking it looked like a giant snake from the air!

I'm hoping the rarity of it being a Bell 47 may help, as even back then it was considered ancient and fairly unusual. Being a total spotter at the time, I recall carrying with me my copy of 'Civil Aircraft Markings', and the pilot flicking through it and pointing out the helicopter's serial, which I duly underlined. Unfortunately I have either misplaced of thrown out the book.

So if anyone recalls who was operating Bell 47 pleasure flights in the UK at the time, please let me know. Or even a list of Bell 47 serials operating in the UK during the early '90's might help ring a bell?

TIA.

Last edited by Stu666; 13th Sep 2021 at 19:45.