PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - My US regional now wants pilots from overseas.
Old 12th Sep 2021, 18:02
LostWanderer

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Kenny
Because, it’s not home and it’s only natural to want to live where things simply “make sense”. I’ve been here over 20 years, apart from a stint back at at VOz and while the options in the US for pilots are, for obvious reasons better, you’ll always be a foreigner. For some that’s easier to handle, than it is for others. As an Aussie though, you should find you’ll cop a lot less grief form the majority of Americans than you would coming from most other countries. Australians and Americans share a lot more in common than the sh!t we give each other, would suggest.

Be respectful, don’t be the whiny, pedantic, anally retentive Aussie and appreciate the US for its good qualities and you can have an amazing life here.
Correct! It always struck me how many US pilots I came across when I was there that commented on how much the Aussie guys whined about everything and acted like they invented aviation. Don’t be that guy or gal and if you are, please just don’t even go. If you do go, be positive and respectful and you’ll have an awesome time.

Also I still can’t see even a single record online (where it actually shows E3 Visas and who has sponsored it) of a single person who has flowed to AA or the any major on an E3, basically you won’t be flowing over if you are on the E3 Visa regardless of what you are told by any pilot on here. They are not and have not ever been in the business of sponsoring temporary workers as pilots at any major airline there.
If you have dual citizenship or a greencard that’s a different story.