PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester-3
Thread: Manchester-3
View Single Post
Old 12th Sep 2021, 06:23
Mr Mac

Received 169 Likes on 104 Posts
OzzyOzBorn
I have to take issue with you on some of this post. MUC is more central within Europe obviously, but the surrounding countries all have good connections be it Austria / Switzerland / Poland / Czech / Slovak, though I agree the latter two to a lesser degree. Also you have Frankfurt and Stuttgart in close proximity, the former having obviously first class connections to every part of the globe as do Amsterdam / Paris / LHR in that respect. Given greater population density in the UK MAN catchment is considerable in that respect. I agree with you that LH does a far better job in supporting the regions within Germany than BA does in the UK, but that is not my point, and should be discussed on BA thread more.
My point is MAN dos not seem to be that well managed, in that they never seem to repair basic infrastructure with all the tales of broken lifts and travellator's, broken lights, leaking toilets etc, never mind large capital projects. Then when they do invest, you end up with the some what dogs dinner of the new T2, though I am going from Mrs Mac comments, as I have yet to use this part of the airport, given the carriers I use currently go from T1. MUC is not a primary hub for LH, that will always be Frankfurt it acts as a very good regional airport within Germany, and to a lesser degree a portion of some of the surrounding countries. I am not having a go at MAN as in the individuals working there but it is the way these people are managed and the infrastructure is maintained and indeed planned. Given the propensity for certain individuals to consume beer at very odd hours in the early hours while heading on holiday you would think ensuring that your new terminal has sufficient toilet facilities would be a basic requirement and would be have been discussed at design stage along with various other items. As I have actually been involved in building a number of airports around the globe, I am quite versed in the discussions that are undertaken in the planning and execution of the build. Judging from the limited comments from those who have used the new T2 facilities the management do not seem to have been that involved, or they were too busy eating the sandwiches