PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF mandates Vaccine
View Single Post
Old 11th Sep 2021, 23:25
Lead Balloon

Received 451 Likes on 228 Posts
The fundamental issue is one of trust: Who do you trust?

Out of many examples, the Queensland CHO and the NSW CHO disagree as to who should have what vaccine at what age. Either they aren't looking at the same data or they put differing weights on the various risks revealed by the data.

But one thing is certain: They are merely expressing opinions, not objective truths. (It's a bit like different factions in CASA expressing different views about what is "safe".)

So we are confronted with a plethora of mere opinions that differ, and accused of being 'dumb' or 'stupid' when we form a view different to someone else's.

I should note that in my case I'm AZ vaccinated. I conferred with someone who does cold, hard statistical analysis as a day job and whose opinion I trust. But for those that don't know who to trust, it's not surprising they are very sceptical about relying upon one opinion over another. As I said earlier in this thread, there are legions of examples of governments bull****ting to populations and medical studies that come to conclusions subsequently shown to be bull****.