PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 10th Sep 2021, 21:52
DirectAnywhere

Received 164 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by Scooter Rassmussin
It’s not all vaccine hesitancy, young people trying to book vaccine are already into late November just for their first jab , and it should be their choice to have Pfizer if they want it .
Had to see my GP yesterday about something unrelated to COVID, but we were discussing the vaccine rollout. His surgery is administering Pfizer and he believes that within the next couple of weeks he will have more supply than he can use, to the point of needing to advertise to avoid wastage as they don’t have ultra cold storage. He says his next problem will be simply finding enough arms to put the stuff in to. His is a largish local practice, maybe 10 GPs.

Notably, I can’t even make a booking via the state health website yet for the under-16, the over-16 is booked for November but my GP now says he should be able to get them both in before the end of September based on anticipated supply. Remember also that a lot of people in SYD and MEL have now taken AZ, rather than Pfizer, to get whatever was available earlier. So, in short, things may be about ramp up rapidly in relation to MRNA vaccine supplies (Moderna coming online too) if my GP is correct. I hope so. If you’re a “young people” it’s worth starting to check with your GP.