PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - School methods and landings
View Single Post
Old 10th Sep 2021, 19:45
Olympia463

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Saintsman gives you probably the best advice. Continuity is very important. I was taught to fly in a small group of ab initios by three instructors only - most of the time early on, with the same one. This was at a gliding club which only operated at weekends, so turning up every weekend was vital. I learned to fly a glider in six weeks with 32 flights total. Towards the end of the training the other instructors also flew with me and I knew then that I was being checked for potential solo. When I became an instructor myself somewhat later, I always tried to make sure my pupils flew mostly with me as far as possible. I observed that those pupils who went and had a weeks flying at a club which operated all week came back with a considerable improvement in their performance. I appreciate that during this Covid outbreak it has not been possible to work this way, but until you can fly regularly, learning will be a longer process than perhaps you would like. I would not worry too much about the high hours you have.We once had to teach a retired bank manager, who was in his 60's, to fly, but we managed it though he had three times much time in his log book, before the first entry as P1, than any other pupil. Do not give up - a lot of the advice on here has been very good. The video is worth watching. When the day comes, as it will, when your instructor gets out and does not get back in again, you too will be pilot. Best of luck.