PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF mandates Vaccine
View Single Post
Old 10th Sep 2021, 02:50
theheadmaster

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by VeeoneCUT
DON'T READ BETWEEN THE LINES -

At present QF/JQ have stated in their email to staff. Quote: "with a view to having the workgroup fully vaccinated by 15 November"

This is not an instruction or an order.

The company had that email written by their Lawyers, they want as many of you to infer that this is mandatory so that you trot along and VOLUNTARILY get your prick. Any consequential adverse reaction now or in the future is your problem alone.

The company to be able to start disciplinary procedures have give a specific order to you individually, which then would carry liability. The QF group have bullying and intimidation policies and the country has privacy laws on the statute books that protect.

As Morrison stated. It is not unlawful for a company to mandate a vaccine, this may materially change the terms of your EBA. Further it is illegal for a company to discriminate against you for choosing not to be vaccinated and illegal (as the law stands today) for them to terminate you.

The company will apply pressure to you to get you to take this vax voluntarily. If you really don't want this vax, make them order you in writing, outlining consequences, then you have the ammunition you need for the inevitable class action law suits that will be brought. This all comes down to your financial position and the level of stress you are under, to be ale to go into this fight.

Certainly Sept, Oct Nov 2021 are going to be tough, nothing worth fighting for is easy.

Join Telegram Group - Aircrew Against Mandatory Vax for legal tactics and support resources.
https://t.me/joinchat/7upZ9a7Cg3JmMWQ1
If you are truly concerned about what your rights and obligations are as a Qantas pilot regarding the vaccination policy, please give the legal department of your union a call. I believe the views expressed in the post I have quoted above are misguided.