PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CPL Graduates... no jobs?
View Single Post
Old 9th Sep 2021, 21:50
KRviator

Received 123 Likes on 62 Posts
Z_R has a point - and I tried to make the same last time you complained about this, petra...You're trying to get a toe-hold in an industry that has many hundreds, if not thousands of pilots who are out of work, with qualifications, experience and type ratings far above what you can offer. It ain't gonna work unless you get (extraordinarily) lucky. You need to cut your losses for now.

You can continue to throw good money after bad and hope you can get a flying job to start paying off your loans, or you can take charge of your future, get a decent paying job on a decent, if not a good roster, and ensure you can start paying them off. It doesn't have to be a powder-monkey's job, although you do get to make things go bang! in that role, there are a number of entry-level jobs with companies like WorkPac, Programmed etc that pay fairly well, and can lead to a FT gig on a 2/2 roster if you decide to fly part time.

Talking to a mate at a company with big robot trains filled with dirt, they're after Autonomous Response Assistants, basically a taxi driver for their actual Driver's to go out and Ctrl-Alt-Del the robot when it has a dummy-spit. They're advertising right now, 2/2, FIFO out of Perth. It's listed at $37.43/Hr (not sure if that's total, base, includes Super or not, but you'll be doing a 168Hr FN, so that's over $80K a year, and you won't pay for your tucker on site, so that's 6 months of food/fuel/entertainment savings every year. And there's a good chance that'll lead to a FT role with said company with the big robot trains over time, if that's your thing.

I gave professional flying away many years ago, and now do a 2 on/4 off part time roster that still pays well over $100K, so I built an RV that fly for fun now. Much more enjoyable, and I don't have to deal with airport security every day....