PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CPL Graduates... no jobs?
View Single Post
Old 8th Sep 2021, 23:42
Xeptu

Received 79 Likes on 45 Posts
Originally Posted by Kundry
Ever since I was a young boy I was struggling. I believe my parents are both relatively low intelligence. My dad was sexually abused by his father and was violent and aggressive towards my mother all their marriage (and my step sisters). I'm not a normal person because of my home life from 0-18. When I was around 5, I remember my mum pointing a kitchen knife at my dad while I was playing Flight Sim 98 in the dining room. I had the 737 set up going over the sea from Brisbane or something - it crashed after I started crying and my step sisters took me into a bedroom and told me it was all okay. Violent yelling, violent crying, threats of divorce, dad moving away for months to have sexual massages or something (my brother and I woke up to some strange stuff left open on the family computer), mum having to bring four of us up on Centrelink. I didn't have any male role models or financial backing from my parents. The only reason I didn't get into drugs or something like that was because I stayed at home all the time and was bullied at school. No one even liked me enough to share drugs with me. In high school I was bullied for bad odour including bad breath. I remember one time I was walking between classes and one of my class mates said "do you wash your hair?". I ran my fingers through my hair and my hand came out very greasy. I didn't even realise it was so bad, I felt awful and just wanted to go home. It must have been glistening you could see and smell it a kilometre off. It's really hard to say, even to this day, but I was teased from year 8 - 12. There was one thing in particular they'd say, "kid who sh*ts himself". It hurts me to even write that down because of how it made me feel when they yelled that out at me while I was walking through the crowded foyer area at lunch.

Look, I digress - the point I wanted to make is that from little things big things grow. Provided it's not a serious mental disorder, hard times will build hard people. The job search is half the fun. If you're just handed your first job (and I've met people who have!) you don't appreciate what you're doing as much. If you're a young person, the top end is a great place to sit around for a year or so.
You my friend are destined for greatness. A tip though, be careful who you share your story with in the industry, they are so fickle and competitive, it will somehow make you less worthy.