PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CPL Graduates... no jobs?
View Single Post
Old 7th Sep 2021, 23:45
Camara

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There’s always plan b…..

Originally Posted by petra.oskertrich1995
Hey,
Just looking to see how many graduates are like me still waiting and seeking that first GA job? Who is in Darwin now just waiting?
I have finished everything and been recently applying for jobs in a Call Centre. Soul destroying given the money and time I've spent on flight training... to go and work in a Call Centre!!
Petra
15 years ago I had the choice of either following my lifelong dream of being a pilot or opening my own business. I chose the latter and I’m glad that I did. A direct result of that is me now being in a position where I don’t have to work anymore. I built up a business from scratch and sold it ten years later enabling me to do the things that I want to do now not what someone else wants me to do. I could get into flying if I wanted to for a pastime but as I get older it’s not the fast shiny things that get my attention these days, more so the lovely lines of a yacht and cruising along at a more leisurely pace. You need to be a little more situationally aware of your surroundings at the moment and adapt to survive. Get yourself a plan B because there’s a massive line of people in front of you with more experience than you’re likely to gain in a lifetime in the same boat as you looking for a way to put money on the table just to survive. I’m pretty sure a pilot with a poor sense of situation awareness won’t last too long in the wet season up north.