PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair interviews and sim assessments - 2
Old 7th Sep 2021, 19:38
UAV689

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It has nothing to do with brexit or uk gov handling. In fact it could be argued that uk gov furlough scheme has made it cheaper for ryr to furlough staff and get the new cadets to fly for less.

Dont forget new cadets pay twice the market rate for a rating, and in their first year, earn about 15k. So they are effectively paying their own wages...I thought pilots were supposed to be good at maths…

It is purely down to greed. Some wierd types in hq that are dazzled by MoL and sit in front of a spreadsheet trying to save him a few quid so he can make that 100m bonus. I can think of a few of the names, they are on the bottom of the latest memos…they are so removed from reality, its down to a couple of options.

Either they are too narrowminded to realise the hardship crews have endured, or they literally do not care, and see the numbers on their spreadsheets not as people, fathers, wives, trying to support their families, but as “cost saving levers” to be pulled at will to get their beloved Molly his bonus. To short sighted to realise that he would bin them in a heartbeat as well if it were to suit him. But hey, its just orders isnt it…

They are so short sighted, not to realise that they to are getting shafted by him just as much, hq is full of kids and interns and ex cabin crew that don’t realise how underpaid they are.

One ex cc and now ops lad in stn has spent 10 years in the company, and he is off to earn 12k a year as a window cleaner. Christ on a bike, what were ryr paying him after 10 years if thats his progression…

Speaking of cabin crew, a recent course of over 30 crew, after 3 days on the line 27 quit when they found out they would earn about £400 a month.

Its an utterly disgusting corporate culture, and notice the so called ryr recruiter has not commented on any of this, I would hope that they might be looking at their conscience, but it’s unlikely, after all “its orders” or “if I dont do it someone else will”…I think both those defences were throw out of courts long ago….

its a shame that mankind is so weak now. That we as a workforce allow our own colleagues to treat each other like this, and that the colleagues that do this to us, are to scared themselves to question it, or say “hang on lads, enough is enough, we are killing them here”, but they are all too scared themselves to speak up. Cowards on both sides of Mollys puppet strings.

If ryr pilots were in the RAF during WW2 then europe would be a different continent right now!

Last edited by UAV689; 7th Sep 2021 at 20:04.