PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair interviews and sim assessments - 2
Old 7th Sep 2021, 01:18
KT1988

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
After a longer break I had to read the forum again and its kind of the same stuff again people do not understand economics and the basic law of supply and demand. If someone got offered to be submarine/supercruiser captain or fly SU-57, F-22 etc itd. a lot of ppl would pay a lot of money and complete a lot of training to do it and pay in addition to be allowed to do it. While for example being a funeral bureau worker even if it does not take much training and pays highly even in nations like Poland.... well people do not want to.

The law of supply and demand apply to everything and you cannot expect to do something a lot of people find fun and expect to be paid for your whole effort or have proper return on your investment its because the supply is too high. Personally I even slowed down finishing my FI and doing 200h flying around to get IRI and yes its mostly cause I am satisfied with business income, but also I dont want to take a spot from anyone who can fly better than me just because "some planes and sim are mine so I will do it before anyone else". If I will fly anything as instructor or perform airline transport its when I will know I am good enough compared to others who want to, what it pays its not as important as if its enjoyable. But if people wanna do something they genuinely like to do and know a lot of people enjoy they can really not expect it will give high return on invested time and money. It will not in any kind of job because the supply will always be higher than the demand.