PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airline Flying, Once Daring Now Dull - Washington Post
Old 19th Dec 2003, 02:32
Globally

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Consider the Source

As I live in Washington DC and read the Washington Post on occasion, I can assure you that this newspaper is one of the most liberal publications in the country. Its editors and writers have viewpoints completely counter to any profession which they perceive to be too-highly compensated, or are too happy in such endeavors, regardless of the demand and skill of the profession. The liberal establishment in the United States, of which the Washington Post is a prime mover, works hard to spread misery wherever it can. You are not supposed to achieve happiness and high self esteem through hard work, discipline and skill. You are supposed to be granted those things directly from the government or from your teacher in school, for example. One more point - particular disfavor is shown by the Washington Post if said profession requires the wearing of a uniform. Consequently, I wouldn't worry too much about a Washington Post story on job satisfaction levels of airline pilots.