PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Regiment. Heads will roll!
View Single Post
Old 5th Sep 2021, 16:25
Melchett01

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Easy Street
Melchy,

I think we can just about get away with the thread drift onto senior appointments because the central charge from the Regiment NCOs seems to be one of supine senior leadership. I think you misunderstood my point about VCDS and MilCap posts: I'm not saying Wiggy would go to either (clearly, wrong rank for the second!) but that one of the other services, and the RN is an obvious candidate for the reasons you mention, might take the view that supporting Wiggy for CDS would be a good exchange for securing its preferred candidate in one of the aforementioned posts. Rich Knighton's successor has, I understand, been named internally, but it'll be his/her successor that gets the crucial "SDSR25" gig...
Ah righto, yes. Sorry, being dense after a long week. But I still think if it comes down to Wigston or Sanders then Sanders is a more likely candidate. The only way I can see Wigston beating him to the job is, as you suggest, a service balance argument or some other back room deal. But at that point you have to ask whether Service politics is really delivering the best results for the country.