PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Regiment. Heads will roll!
View Single Post
Old 5th Sep 2021, 13:28
Easy Street

Received 78 Likes on 35 Posts
Originally Posted by Melchett01
Well from what I hear from friends working there, the thinking amongst the Light Blue in Main Building is he can stop looking upwards - he’s got no chance of being CDS.

As for being consumed by EDI etc rather than capability, I don’t see that as a particularly new thing. I can’t remember the last time I was chased for being late on my CCS or whatever we call it this week. Miss your EDI and H&S tick though, and my God all hell breaks loose.
Not disagreeing with the sentiment, but there is an inherent contradiction in your post. The light blue might not like Wiggy's priorities, but if politicians and senior civil servants do then his chances of CDS might be better than assumed. Remember he was plucked from relative obscurity to be CAS by the same sort of people that influence the CDS appointment. If they continue to see him as their placeman, or if one of the other services can be persuaded that he would do them less harm than the third service's candidate, then I wouldn't write him off. They might look at who would be eligible next time round and judge that Wiggy offers too good an opportunity to get safely through another light blue CDS tenure while kicking the next one miles down the road. Also, VCDS and DCDS(MilCap) are arguably more valuable than CDS as posts to hold while laying the groundwork for a defence review, such as the next round of incumbents might have to.

Last edited by Easy Street; 5th Sep 2021 at 13:48.