PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Market for flight instructors in the U.K. at the moment ?
Old 4th Sep 2021, 07:28
Aware

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Again it’s about who you know yes lots of airline guys back to it but they will disappear once things get back to normal, having flown for 40 years, 20 years FI it’s all about networking visiting clubs etc, I agree ac prices are completely bonkers and not sustainable.

Having been in another industry as well as aviation it still amazes me how some schools survive. Hourly rates of pay do not seem to havre dropped where I fly which is also surprising.

it’s about you as person and ability to teach that matters not so much in my experience how much other flying experience you have. I’ve seen some truely awful highly experienced instructors but equally some brilliant ones, and some really awful new ones and equally some brilliant ones, again I’m not sure it matters if your end game is an airline job , it’s a shame really the FI course doesn’t really teach you how hard the job is, to do it properly, damned tiring and exhausting for little pay, but really satisfying some days.

I have a slight medical issue at the moment so not flying but missing it.