PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF mandates Vaccine
View Single Post
Old 3rd Sep 2021, 01:23
43Inches

Received 419 Likes on 231 Posts
It's true that over 50 has an increased risk of death of 333% if you are unvaccinated, which we all know since they are in a higher risk group, but for the majority of us below 50, it's 0.0325. 0.0509 is 156% higher... 70% of the world population is below 50 approximately so why should we take the vax? Besides of course the bed occupations...
I already covered that, the death numbers are so low for the vaxxed that its uncomparable, you need to get 10 times the sample for it to be worth anything. So like I said earlier don't refer to statistical data if you don't know how to interpret it properly and come to rational outcomes. If you were able to do that you would dismiss those figures as being too low to have any reasonable assumption made.

It also does not account for how many vaxxed that simply bounced the virus off, which I don't have the stats for so no idea. Although that being said, considering over 50% of the population are double dose vaccinated and the difference between vaxxed and unvaxxed getting the virus the vaxxed represented around 6 times less likely to contract or have symptomatic CV in the first place. SO the death rate among actual vaccinated population is much lower than the figure indicated, that is just the death rate among those that have tested positive, due to having some symptoms that led them to getting tested.

To put that in perspective, on the 2nd of August 2021, when that table was finalised 57% of the UK was fully vaccinated and 70% were 1 dose, that leaves only 30% were in that unvaccinated pool.

So 19,000,000 (30%) of population was responsible for 151,000 (0.7%) cases and 38,000,000 (57%) of the population accounted for 47,000 (0.12%) cases. According to that you are 6 times less likely to contract symptomatic covid if vaccinated. So the vaccinated death rate has to be divided by 6 to be anywhere near meaningful.

Hmm lets do that, 0.055/6 = 0.009 or approximately 1/4 of the unvaxxed death rate.

PS, I will add that the table does include data over a few months prior so adjusting for Delta prevalence and lower vaccination rates prior, you will still arrive at a figure of around 3 times better off as vaccinated than not.

Last edited by 43Inches; 3rd Sep 2021 at 02:48.