PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - F100 - Overshot Runway at Newman Airport (9/1/2020)
Old 2nd Sep 2021, 22:26
morno

Received 318 Likes on 118 Posts
Originally Posted by Capn Bloggs
Curtain Twitcher, that's not a new instrument, it's only a CAAP. Essentially, nothings changed except that there is now a para on "very wet" landings.

IMO the fundamental flaw in all of this was the LDR change from +67% of demonstrated/actual to +15% just because you're now airborne (11.2 and it's Note). A bit like the old 45min FR for planning verses 30min FR after you get going. Illogical.

15% was always going to cause grief, and will continue to do so until somebody steps up and says the current rules are "an ass" and slaps some additional buffers on. Personally, if I don't have full preflight factors (1.67 or 1.92), even when airborne, I'm not doing it unless I'm in dire straits.
Are you telling me, that you need 1.67 times that of a buffer already placed upon flight testing, to land your aeroplane?

Maybe in the days of pencil and ruler performance calculations, but we’re dealing with EFB’s where you can do things like selecting how wet the runway is if your company has been smart enough to make those an option. The calculations coming out now should be very accurate. Why you’d need to place a 67 or 92% buffer on that is beyond me!