PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF mandates Vaccine
View Single Post
Old 2nd Sep 2021, 16:47
De_flieger

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Muttley Crew
The irony and sheer moronicism of such a risible, witless comment as yours aside, I do apologise sincerely for posting the previous link. By including a couple of suicides or people dying of fat and as it requires a modicum of intelligence to glean the information correctly, a capability which appears beyond the reach of the good posters here, that site might induce the unthinking dullard to imagine the situation is worse than it seems, and that's something the fear-stricken, sky-is-falling chicken-littles in here reserve for the 'Death By Covid' tallies.
Don't apologise for posting it, it's let us demonstrate quite well a few of the logical inconsistencies with the anti-vaxxer arguments, so in that regard it's a positive thing. However, as those inconsistencies are pointed out to you, you could well learn why the link you posted doesn't show what you say it does, rather than claiming that everyone is all just too stupid to understand you. Which takes us neatly to the next part of your posts....

To those who contrast skepticism toward the management of this health affair with the placing of blind faith in aircraft manufacturers, have a think about the Max developments and ask yourself if you'll ever trust that manufacturer again to not lie to you about your safety.

Peruse the last line of Table 5 (at the top of page 19) of this report. More than half the Delta deaths in England this year were double-injected and another 10% were single-injected. Only 34% were "Unvaccinated." How'd that happen? Good luck with your experimental substances. I wish I had your blind faith in the system.

I'll endeavour not to upset you all with any more links to sites which might make you at least think with your brains for a moment about what you're told. Of course this forum is replete with promises of departure not made good on so I don't guarantee anything.
Looking at your table that you cite as an argument against vaccination, as at the date of your report, (2nd August) 71% of the overall UK population had received their second shot, although a certain proportion of them would not have reached full protection until a week or two later.

From that table, in the under 50 age bracket, there were 71 covid deaths listed in your table, 13 of which had received their second vaccination. So the group that hasn't had their second shot, that makes up ~29% of that population, makes up 81% of the deaths.

In the over 50 age bracket, which has a much higher vaccination rate in the UK due to how their vaccine rollout went, at that report date approximately 95% of the over 50s population had received their second shot. So the 5% of the population that hadn't had 2 shots, made up 41% of the deaths in that table. So don't just look at one line in a table out of context, because it isn't showing what you think. To return to the aviation analogies, if you look at the one line in the Flight Manual that says "undercarriage must be retracted as soon as possible", and ignore the next line that says "after takeoff", quoting that line won't be a defence if you retract the undercarriage on the parking bay - the text needs to be read in context, without cherrypicking isolated figures and ignoring everything else about the broader dataset.

Last edited by De_flieger; 2nd Sep 2021 at 16:59.