PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - XLR5 to GA headset adapter
View Single Post
Old 2nd Sep 2021, 10:28
W8HSR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Bose A20 XLR 5pin to Duel GA Connection Issue

Hey!

After about 40min of searching google this is the closest discussion I can find to hopefully get the answers I need for my problem... I've just started learning to fly only 25 hours in so go easy on me!

I have purchased on eBay a (condition new) Bose A20 Non-Bluetooth Headset that has a XLR 5 Pin female plug, I also purchased from Amazon a Male XLR 5pin to Duel Male G/A Plugs adaptor. The headset arrived yesterday, (also came with the same adaptor. Looks just like the Amazon one I ordered, so don't think its a Bose Accessory.) Got in the P28-161 I was flying the same day. Plugged the headset in to find it wouldn't work. Both with or without the batteries in. My instructor plugged in his Sennheiser headset to find that my Bose was causing a issue, he descried it as causing a static noise in his headset and also thought it was causing the radio to transmit constantly. So we ceased using the Bose immediately. I flew using a club headset an we didn't mess around trying to get it to work any more.

Reading lots of posts about pin outs and what pin goes to what, I am thinking and hoping the issue is with the adaptor and maybe re-soldering the configuration will fix it? Something todo with the DC+?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! I am finding it hard to see a XLR to GA Duel Plugs wiring diagram.