PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - WHAT IS A HANGAR
View Single Post
Old 2nd Sep 2021, 08:35
PoppaJo

Received 295 Likes on 124 Posts
Originally Posted by geeup
Correct me if I’m wrong but MAF as a charity don’t pay rent, parking fees or landing charges? Don’t think they even pay their employees min wage (definitely true in the Pacific).

MSC will never recope the airport upgrades..

Money better spend on the hospital, roads etc
Pretty sure they are not exempt from those charges.

Regardless, they have some form of money tree as factory fresh new Caravans keep appearing and have been for a number of years. I’ve asked many times where all the money comes from and they normally change the subject or run away if they see me in the area. I think I perhaps intimidated them, I was only asking logical straight forward questions. I hope it’s not my tax dollars funding it as I disagree with many things that go on there. Certainly are more pressing matters going on that my tax dollars could attend to rather than funding another few Caravans or the millions they spend ‘modifying’ them.

You don’t work for them to pay a mortgage off. I’m quite skeptical around a lot of the ‘going’s on’ in that place and how they are funded, however, the people who work in that joint, make that decision themselves, so who cares I guess .