PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - WHAT IS A HANGAR
View Single Post
Old 1st Sep 2021, 22:58
aroa

Received 43 Likes on 28 Posts
YMBA airport is run by the “Council” (sic) Nobody in there has any idea about the requirements of the users and hangar owners, and they don’t bother to find out either. Not interested in any other opinions or expertise. THEY know !!

As an example of how stupid and poisonous they are, when the tarmac reseal was being done I was shown by the contractors where the base level should be, prior to the tarmac lay down. At the front slab lip , being too high would just drain any water into the hangar.
I dug out a couple of eggcup fulls of base and marked the level. Offence #1
Once the base was shaved down to that level I also made a short strip at the slab lip to reinforce the ‘join’ when the tarmac was down.Offence #2. I had a visit from a pair of Plods stating..”We are here to investigate the 2 offences of Wilful damage to the road base”,
Thinking it was a pisstake I had trouble not to fall about laughing! They were serious and this was no joke!
Eventually it all fell over. The council infrastructure manager had a ratepayer funded “stress leave” holiday and as usual the victim with all the angst just has to suck it up.
But it does show that MSC is an asylum by another name.

Back to the thread bit
Two Hillbillies knock over lawyers and a QC, so it was a very good result for truth, justice and (possibly) the Australian way.
And myself after a long hard slog, mentally , physically and financially
All because the ceo couldn’t bring himself to stop, and their lawyers were enjoying the easy milk.
Are councils corrupt? You better believe it.!!
Now it’s my turn to bite the hand that tried to slap me down.

Like CAsA corporatised, a bloody disaster, likewise with Qld councils. Unless we do something about it we a merrily along the road to tyranny… which is what you get when bureaurats rule.

$2