PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 1st Sep 2021, 03:34
43Inches

Received 419 Likes on 231 Posts
On a different note, I don't understand this need for compassionate travel for funerals. To see loved one's before they die, of course but for the funeral?
Yeah, It's a nice to be with with family and grieve under normal circumstances but, it's hardly necessary. It's not going to bring them back is it? Especially If they died of Covid.
No better way to honour the dead of a pandemic then to bring a bunch Of people together in a church or building to hug, cry and touch each other whilst paying a small fortunate for the pleasure.
If only there was another way of sharing that power point presentation full of old photos and sad music. Humans are weird. So emotionally needy.
While I share your point of view regarding death many don't. The need for funerals is a complex ideal based on your culture, religion, beliefs, morals, and many other things. It's very hard to understand an individuals feeling for this so it really has to be accommodated for. You could apply the same to all religions because if I don't believe in it, why should other people, so does half the population have to stop being religious.

How we grieve is very much up to the individual, some can write it off and move on, others need finality and closure, which is what a funeral represents. Some cultures the grieving goes on for years beyond the funeral with multiple dates you gather and remember. You just have to be tolerant of others sensitivities and if they are not hurting anyone, why not try to make them feel better about a bad situation.