PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 31st Aug 2021, 13:38
JJ 789

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ExtraShot
I don't vouch for Ivermectin as a treatment for covid (just get vaccinated FFS), but for a government body like the FDA to write off a drug that has safely treated river blindness in Africa for 20 odd years, as merely a treatment that only horses and cows should be given is complete stupidity.

https://www.cdc.gov/parasites/onchoc...treatment.html

Yes, I realise the blurb says '...to treat covid-19', but it seems they're trying to spin a narrative by trying to frame it as 'not for human consumption'. Plenty of substances used for odd purposes are remade and repurposed as medicine for humans. Its a real shame that ivermectin has been proven not to be effective for Covid 19 because its cheap and easily made. We aren't getting out of this Covid mess without anti-virals in addition to vaccines, so I'd hope to see some come to the fore soon. Maybe PharmAust with their Monepantel (wait, that's sheep drench, tsk, tsk)... or whatever Pfizer is working on.
Hopefully Monepantel can prove more effective as a safe, low toxicity antiviral... We need something, especially if a vaccine resistant variant rears its ugly head!