PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Staying Current after gaining fATPL
View Single Post
Old 18th Dec 2003, 21:37
cortilla

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm not sure about the multi pilot ir in the sim. But it seems stupid to do 2 separate tests and pay double for something that could be combined in one flight. Yes it's true you can renew your IR in an FNPT2 sim and above and you can use all the aids available in the sim to help you get the IR. However the multi rating (for piston a/c anyway)must be done in the a/c. This test is not just 'some manouvers'. It's the whole shebang including single engine work and unusual attitudes and circuits and so forth. Many of these manouvers are also required for an ir revalidation and so the two tests could be combined. I also don't see how you can revalidate a single pilot ir in a multi pilot sim seeing as you don't have a multi pilot ir in the first place. I'm gonna take a wild guess that you'll be doing your ir and multi through a large and well known FTO based in antwerp at the end of the field in their own purpose built building as SFA has gone belly up. I Think that they are trying to make as much money out of you as possible. Why don't you ask Swa (if he's still there) if you can't combine the tests into one flight.