PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why do YOU fly?? I would like to know
View Single Post
Old 18th Dec 2003, 21:08
pilotdreams1977

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Be grateful

Well to those working, what they think to be bad aviation job....well I got two words. Be grateful.

I have been busting my a#se, for the last 4 years to try to scrape the bucks together to get some hours up and my CPL.

I have worked the most god forsaken boring jobs at the most ridiculous hours of the day, and while my friends partied into the night, met girls, got drunk, i was pulling some boring night shift job(pay was good and i had university during the day).

Fed up with forgoing all the pleasures of a social life, and living with a dysfunctional family (not able to move out cuz I had to throw all the money into aviation) I decided to move half way across the globe to one of the most none english speaking countries in the world, in order to raise money.

The money I make here is about 3 times what I would make in a full time job back in oz, but the work is starting to get me down (I spend some days wiping snot of little kids faces, while attempting to teach them ABC) so thats why I wrote the topic. Life is good here, and I finally caught up with what I missed back home (parties, girls).

But when the day comes, and I finally land that first job, flying singles for about $60 a day....well I will be truly grateful. Because for one:
- I will be on the way to fulfilling a life long dream,
- and that it was four year rollercoaster journey.

So for that aviation job which you may be considering bad....well just remember...especially when you are having a bad day....that there are guys like me who have been dreaming years to be in a position that you are in. Or to be having those "bad" days you have.