PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wizzair
Thread: Wizzair
View Single Post
Old 30th Aug 2021, 06:49
nickler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pearlharbour

As pilots we will still have our back against the wall for a little while, till things will really start to improve from a travel freedom point of view. Considering that only 18 months ago we were all shafted and were losing jobs around the world like it had never happened before, I think we came a long way in such a small amount of time. Airlines are more or less hiring around the world (where there is some kind of travel freedom as of today, i.e. Europe, US) so that's good for the pilot population. They need 1 pilot out of 10 applications as of today and therefore can run the show as much as they want with respect to terms and conditions and hiring requirements. Sooner or later this will change, vaccines will improve in effectiveness over time and new treatments will see the light. Fingers crossed but I believe by 2023 or so covid-19 will be entirely manageable allowing unrestricted travel to resume and hence the market will regain its natural stability, with pilots supply and airlines demand intersecting naturally with improved terms and conditions.