PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Eurocontrol Testing and Interviews
View Single Post
Old 30th Aug 2021, 01:23
lethalindu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sevan
Hi guys, I'm 26 atm and have been working, sort of, in Paris ACC for 4 years now. I'm multirating and qualified, valid medical, ACC licence, all the good stuff.

Some years ago I looked at the salaries on eurocontrol's website and didn't find them very impressive. Recently though, I chanced upon a very talkative MUAC controlller on the phone and the numbers were quite higher than those on the website ; talking about some 9k in the early years to 15k late career, net, and also told me that there's no taxation on those salaries.

First, I'd like to know if those figures are real or exaggerated.
Then, I'd like to know if it's possible to transfer to MUAC from the french service once I've done my time (I'll be 28-29), and if so, would I have to do the whole training again or just parts of it ? I feel kind of underused in Paris, especially since Covid but also before that, and I'd gladly work more if it means I'll earn more.

Anyone here transfered from another ACC to MUAC ? If so, how risky is it / how long does the process take on average ?
Last i heard MUAC stopped hiring licenced ATCOs even before COVID due to high failure rate during unit rating.