PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF mandates Vaccine
View Single Post
Old 29th Aug 2021, 06:52
swh

Eidolon

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by highflyer40
Considering granny got vaccinated 9-10 months ago, then granny has next to no protection. They are now noticing that the vaccines are losing their affect much earlier than predicted. Starting at 5 months.
Vaccinations are not a physical barrier, they provide no “protection”, they teach individual immune system to recognise and fight the virus. It is an individual’s immune system not the vaccine that flights the virus if they get infected, everyone’s immune system is different, some individual immune systems do not function that well, they are known to be immunocompromised.

Your individual immune system will never forget the disease, it just changes how quickly and effectively it will respond. I was vaccinated at the start of the year, and been getting blood tests every month since to measure my antibody levels, the levels of antibodies I have is still many orders of magnitude higher than what is considered to be the minimum level to be effectively vaccinated, my personal immune system response to the vaccine has been very positive. The CDC just last week is now advocating for people like myself 8 months since the second vaccine to have a third booster shot. Those people who are immunocompromised they recommend a booster shot 4 weeks after the second shot. The only way to know your individual response to vaccine is to get an antibody test.

Additionally recent studies by the CDC have shown that people that have been vaccinated with mRNA vaccines (Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna) have a reduced ability to transmit the virus, and have very significantly reduced chances of getting really sick, being hospitalised and dying. That does not mean vaccinated people will stop dying, some will as everyone’s immune response once infected is different. Studies in the US and Israel have shown person requiring hospitalisation after being vaccinated is more likely to be immunocompromised.

In Israel where over 85% of adults are fully vaccinated, there is still a few hundred people a month getting COVID, and single digits figures dying. Their lifestyle over there is reminiscent of pre COVID times, beaches are packed, restaurants are buzzing.

Their population is reaping the rewards of an effective vaccination campaign, they have a quality lifestyle, their health system can effectively cope with a few cases they get, and their economy is recovering.