PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF mandates Vaccine
View Single Post
Old 28th Aug 2021, 13:24
Fuel-Off

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Xeptu
It's more about time than number of doses, was it safe, we should know in say 5 or 10 years time, remember your kids are about to be vaccinated. I don't expect there to be a problem we have created for ourselves, lets hope we are all right on that score. But to declare it's safe in just 6 months is a bit premature don't you think.
I wonder. Would you appreciate a passenger coming up to your flight deck, suggesting what you are doing, despite all your years of training and dedication to your livelihood, is completely wrong or at least, questionable because that said passenger 'read it online' or 'saw it on youtube' while on the throne doing their morning bog? Of course not. You'd shout them down and tell them to get back to their seat.

I trust the medical professionals who have dedicated their lives to this kind of work and research - you know, like ACTUAL research in a lab compared to what conspiracy theories you have read online (that fact you might say 'but it's not a conspiracy' - would ultimately suggest that it is). I trust the thousands of scientists who have downed tools from what they were working on and bumped heads together on an unprecedented scale to come up with a vaccine on a virus that only emerged last year. In my view, the greatest human achievement since humans first set foot on the moon. But alas those with a superiority complex, from those who think they know better, a 'gotcha!' if you will, believe differently. This, which will ultimately will cost lives and livelihoods (sorry SloMo, had to steal that one) because of an indignant few.

I trust those medical professionals, just as they would trust me as a pilot, with doing my job right. A job that is purely based on science studied by fascinating human beings who are far more intelligent than you or I. Forget the misinformation, get the friggen jab.

Fuel-Off