PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas to lay out roadmap for restart of international flights
Old 28th Aug 2021, 03:31
KRviator

Received 117 Likes on 61 Posts
Originally Posted by dr dre
I haven’t really seen it that way, the NT government at times has closed borders sooner to outbreak states than WA. The “hotspot approach usually only lasts a day or so before the hotspot is declared to be the whole city or state, so in practice no real effect. They definitely operate on a Covid Zero policy with hard lockdowns over one community case. They have similar worries to WA (big resource industry and vulnerable indigenous population). NT Chief Minister Michael Gunner recently said he’d probably need higher vaccine rates than indicated by the Doherty modelling before he stops using lockdowns due to the amount of vulnerable indigenous in the NT.

At the moment NT’s restrictions are identical to WA, with the exception of Qld, and Qld should move to restriction free with WA within a week.
You're wrong. There's been many a time I could have travelled to the NT from NSW, stayed there for two weeks, sans quarantine and done the whole touristy thing, then travelled to WA, whereas I couldn't go to WA directly without going into mandatory quarantine. Even today, a WA resident cannot travel from NSW to WA at all, yet resident of the Top End can return home from NSW. You cannot enter WA from Queensland, unless you have somewhere to quarantine for 2 weeks, yet you can go to the Territory from Qld, so long as you have not been to one of the identified hot spot locations.
Originally Posted by The NT Government
There are currently no hotspots in place for Queensland. Testing and quarantine directions. A number of testing and quarantine directions are in place for those people who have visited a COVID-19 public exposure site in Queensland. These directions include:

Any person who arrived in the Northern Territory before 12:00pm on 8 August 2021 who has been in one of the below listed Queensland Local Government Areas since 29 July 2021 must:
  • be tested for COVID-19.
  • Any person who is required to be tested must travel directly to a suitable place of quarantine and remain in that place, except to submit to testing for COVID-19 (or in an emergency). Once tested, the person must remain isolated in the suitable place of quarantine until notified of the results of the test.
Local Government Areas:
- Cairns Regional Council
- Aboriginal Shire of Yarrabah
Originally Posted by The Democratic Peoples Republic of Westralia
Low risk jurisdictions
Before travelling to WA, complete a mandatory G2G PASS registration and declaration.
Complete a health screening on arrival.
Scan your G2G PASS and then verify you have suitable premises for self-quarantine.
If you have suitable premises, enter self-quarantine for 14 days. If not, you will be directed to enter a Government-approved quarantine facility at your own expense for 14 days.
You must wear a mask from when you enter WA until you arrive at suitable self-quarantine premises or government approved quarantine facilities. In addition if travelling by air, you must also wear a mask on the flight while in WA airspace, and while inside the airport (with some exceptions – e.g. children under the age of 12 are not required to wear a mask).
Travellers are subject to a COVID-19 test within 48 hours of arrival and on day 12 of quarantine, or at any point when symptoms develop. A mask must be worn while travelling to and from the COVID Clinic.
Originally Posted by dr dre
I would say WA, NT, SA, Tasmania and Queensland essentially are all talking off the same page at the moment.
I would say you're wrong.