PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas to lay out roadmap for restart of international flights
Old 27th Aug 2021, 03:30
dr dre

Received 359 Likes on 197 Posts
Originally Posted by a_pilot
Let me rephrase

"the politicians are pushing for opening up once we reach 70-80% vaccination rate" as per the Doherty report

I never heard any politician mention death rate as a measures when to open and ease restrictions

Opening up on a specific vaccination rate only.

It's only what I hear on the news all day (with reference to the Doherty report)
It’s more nuanced than just “opening up”.

Forget the news, read the National Roadmap. It’s a gradual re-opening over several stages, not a sudden “opening up” at 80%, which is what I think a lot of people have interpreted it as.

Even in the final stage, Phase D, there’s some ongoing measures relating to quarantine from high risk nations and different entry and testing protocols for vaccinated travellers.

And this is only the overview, the actual details will
be more complex. So there is a path ahead that should allow international travel to gradually return, but it isn’t all going to happen the day the vax average hits 80%. We aren’t going to just “let it rip” because the Roadmap and the Doherty modelling it was based on assume various levels of ongoing low level restrictions (things like capacity, masks, check ins, vaccine mandates, et al).

National Plan to transition Australia’s National COVID-19 Response