PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Any of you europeans fly in US?
View Single Post
Old 18th Dec 2003, 19:02
M.85

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Damn boy
What can I say???
I did the USA route..believe me...id rather you phone me and let you know.i got the tshirt on every road you may take to get your licences and yes i also sued a huge flight school in Florida because they tried to scam me big time!!it took 4 years..i even got the FBI involved and now the owners are on the run and the shools(they had 2)are out of business.
If you are interested(it used to be called ATA in florida)
Anyways i know the pros and cons..
I built my time overthere...came back with over 2500 hours..2400 hours multi turbine including 1400 hours single pilot in SA227 and Be1900s..was paid under the table while waiting for the H1 visa...
Came back to europe to convert..all 14 exams and the grant of a PPL!!!!unless you fly jets over 30T with time on type..yes you have to get type rated which is not commomn for a F/O in the USA..just a SIC check..your hours wont count to get passed the 14 exams...
Plus,you may go to a JAR school but believe the Airlines in Europe dont get a rats ass about your time in the USA eventhough you went to a JAR approved school..
Im more than happy if you want to contact me and ill answer any questions you may have.
Whatever you do ..NEVER EVER pay your fees in one go..theyll get you by the balls and will do whatever they want with you(thats what they thought anyways..)

The best thing if you want to know about the school in the USA is to call the FAA in Texas and ask about it..if the owners are "clean"..if they closed other flight schools before..how long did they open the above school for..how many students..any accidents and so forth..NEVER TRUST ANY WEBSITE!!

I could go on and on...

Hope that helps and pm for more if you want..

Fly safe,

M.85