PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hill Helicopters HX50
View Single Post
Old 26th Aug 2021, 16:52
Jetexec

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by 206 jock
Cran, your enthusiasm for the project is to be admired, I just hope you don't lose your shirt (assuming your real name isn't Jason, that is)

But the inference that those of us who aren't 'in the club' are somehow mis- or under-informed grates a little.

Is the rest of the industry really quaking in its boots? Any real evidence of this? Not the people I have talked to, they think it's all at best pie in the sky, at worst a big fat scam.

And is it really selling like hot cakes? If so, why are the 'once in a lifetime/don't miss out' marketing presentation deadlines constantly extended? A normal company with a runaway success story would be saying "initial orders are full, so the price is going up and you can't get one until 2025".
I'm not sure if I read it in this thread or somewhere else, but consider your deposit similar to sending money to Kickstarter. Hell, in business I've done many silly investments, but every once in awhile you hit one out of the park. I don't personally know Cran, but I don't think there is anything wrong with his positive spin. I've sat through many Q & A's with Jason, Mischa and Ruben. I encourage you to do the same. They welcome questions from everyone in the chat. If you are worried about the structure and how the windscreen is going to support the mast, this is probably the wrong place to ask. Too many armchair quarterbacks who don't hold a chance of answering your questions accurately and beside all of that, joining one of these sessions is free with no high intensity marketing to take your money. You can turn your video off and probably join under an assumed name if you like (I'm not tech savvy, but I'm sure you could). What holds you back? I put in a deposit for #24. I feel good about it and realize I'm rolling dice. There hasn't been a phone call with Jason that was ignored or a question directed at his team (that I was privy to) that was dodged. If you sit in several of these Q & A's, you'll hear questions asked you never even thought of asking yourself and they are all answered. He gives us regular updates as purchasers. Insinuating a"Ponzi scheme" is a real stretch, but I am guessing Jason and his team have heard it all. At the end of the day, it either happens or it doesn't. Without any disrespect to anyone on this board, I am betting that as affordable as Jason makes this helicopter, it is still out of reach for many. Don't let that fact pull you to the side of the naysayers. When your kid was learning to ride a two-wheeler, did you wish them to fall and get hurt or did you encourage them to succeed? I know that we are talking two different fish here, but join a Q & A and put your mind at ease (or not). How much criticism did Frank Robinson take over the years, but his helicopters still fly. Can you imagine the chatter if we had internet forums such as this back in the late 70's? Frank would have been lambasted. Cheers, Matt

Last edited by Jetexec; 27th Aug 2021 at 13:02.