PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 'The U.S.A has your back'...what does that mean?
Old 26th Aug 2021, 15:07
NutLoose

Received 2,942 Likes on 1,253 Posts
Originally Posted by XXmet
I hear what you are saying. But the Afghans had 300,000 well armed soldiers that collapsed almost instantly. And yes, if it were MY country, I'd fight to the death even if I were the only one to do so, but not for them. Not after two decades of trying. They must fight for themselves. However you have good cause to criticize us harshly. I myself am still stunned at Donald Trump's four years of goofy stupidity and now Joe Biden's incompetence. To tell you the truth I don't know where all this internal American political BS will lead, but for the average citizen, I don't think we believe anymore that we are the world's experts on the "Middle East". There are no experts anywhere as far as I can tell.
I think the number was close to 120,000 troops as the depty defence minister reported, she said there were a lot of ghost troops, which they were attempting to stamp out, IE commanders claiming he had 50 troops when he had 25 and then pocketing the wages of the other none existant 25. A lot of Afghan soldiers had been dying for their country, over 70,000 soldiers. we do not critise you at all, simply the incompentence leading you down this path, and that buck stops at the top.. I feel for your troops being lead by the "Donkeys* in Washington, who are playing political games with peoples lives.

*Name call 1 sorry.