PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EasyJet-6
Thread: EasyJet-6
View Single Post
Old 26th Aug 2021, 12:54
brian_dromey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't think thats actually the case. While easyJet have repositioned themselves in a more upmarket space, my understanding is that the new livery was forced on easyJet because easyGroup had a sudden realisation that the billboard easyJet titles were orange on white and the licensing agreement required white lettering on an orange background. The new interior actually cut costs as they squeezed an extra row on the A320s. In contrast, none of the A319s were refitted and they make do with their original interiors. I think easyJet are very focussed on costs, but their rivals at Wizz and Ryanair seem to have even sharper pencils. easyJet do have almost twice the average fare as Ryanair do, at €61 Vs €34.

There are areas where easyJet does need to work harder. Their homepage looks fine, but the booking engine feels dated and is quite difficult to navigate. Their latest hand baggage/seat assignment policy is bonkers. You can only being a cabin bag on board if you are sitting in the front rows, no seats at the back can be assigned if you want to have a cabin bag. I entirely agree with limiting baggage in the cabin, but concentrating all the hand luggage customers in one section of the cabin seems a strange way to do it.