PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hill Helicopters HX50
View Single Post
Old 26th Aug 2021, 09:10
206 jock

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by CRAN
I think healthy skepticism and debate is a good thing and let's not forget that these comments are against a backdrop of an industry substantially deprived of innovation and product development, where nothing ever really changes, so it's not surprising that people that haven't engaged with the company have their doubts - if you take the time to talk/listen to the team behind this I have little doubt you too would be convinced. Nor is it surprising that a pretty complacent industry is now squealing a little as their apple cart is disrupted...

One thing is very clear though, lots of very experienced private owner-operarors, themselves very savvy, hard-nosed business people can see what has been done and are convinced this is what us private owners have been waiting for. Furthermore, whether you like their marketing approach or not, it's working - HX50 is selling like hot cakes!
Cran, your enthusiasm for the project is to be admired, I just hope you don't lose your shirt (assuming your real name isn't Jason, that is)

But the inference that those of us who aren't 'in the club' are somehow mis- or under-informed grates a little.

Is the rest of the industry really quaking in its boots? Any real evidence of this? Not the people I have talked to, they think it's all at best pie in the sky, at worst a big fat scam.

And is it really selling like hot cakes? If so, why are the 'once in a lifetime/don't miss out' marketing presentation deadlines constantly extended? A normal company with a runaway success story would be saying "initial orders are full, so the price is going up and you can't get one until 2025".