PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 25th Aug 2021, 10:07
Xeptu

Received 74 Likes on 44 Posts
Originally Posted by dr dre
Here’s an example of where the media twists a quote to get a headline where the real quote wasn’t exactly what was said:

“If you imagine we get to 80 per cent vaccination, and Aboriginal communities, remote communities, some country towns are at much lower levels, we may have to lock those down at some point in time for whatever reason – I think that makes total sense and that was what was agreed,” Mr McGowan said.

“I’m just keen to have minimal or no COVID”

So a lot of nuance and media putting their own spin on quotes - not a “zero Covid policy and No cases or deaths”, just “keen to have minimal or no Covid”.

Not full lockdowns at 80%, targeted lockdowns for specific areas like indigenous communities.

And nowhere had the cabinet agreed to a plan where Australia “opens up” at 80%, we move to Phase C at 80% which still involves some restrictions, Phase D is more open but still there’s some countermeasures.

Everything isn’t going back to normal the day we hit 80%, it’ll be better but it’ll also be gradual and phased.
Yep, all correct as far as I can see, why is it people turn it into something it isn't, Is it desperation driven.