PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Electric Regional Aircraft in Service by 2026?
Old 25th Aug 2021, 09:04
43Inches

Received 425 Likes on 233 Posts
Not quite novel, the Alpha Electro is already designed with that in mind. Either charge insitu for 1 hour or just replace the batteries with a charged pack and fly while the others charge.

In that John Deere page I linked there is a Drone "hive" for spraying drones. They land get auto refilled and batteries changed and then head off again, the spent battery chucked back in the rack for charging so the drones can keep working all day, all automated.'

The main issue I see for pilots coming is the automation, if those drone hives take off, no more aerial spraying using piloted aircraft. Plus the automation level where it can identify individual weeds, the type, select a weed killer fly and zap that weed only, and keep doing that all day long with no human input. Scary to think pilotless/driverless is advancing so rapidly, mine sites are very quickly developing automated mine vehicles, trucks, buses etc, planes are not far off being targeted.