PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glen Buckley and Australian small business -V- CASA
Old 25th Aug 2021, 01:12
Paragraph377

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The newly minted CASA CEO/DAS made this comment in her opening missive in May 2021; “I do not pretend to know everything about aviation and aviation safety, but I do bring a depth of knowledge and experience to my job”.

So she is being paid $600k per year to hold the title of Director Aviation Safety, yet does not know everything about aviation and aviation safety! What folly. That explains why 4 months in we are yet to see any ‘moving and shaking’. Her experience instills There is little confidence within our industry that there will be any positive changes to not only CASA, but to some of the ludicrous rules and regulations that are destroying our industry.

Elsewhere in her opening missive she mentions that she brings with her aviation ‘experience’. Ummm, no she doesn’t. Learning bureaucracy and obsfucation techniques from Mike Mrdak and the infrastructure department does not constitute aviation knowledge. Geoffrey Thomas claims to have vast ‘industry knowledge’ as well, but it relates only to information that he pinches from other people and his understanding of what colour the Chairman's lounge seats are. Pip’s experience is in allocating funding to various aviation industry programs, massaging lots of government money, eating kale sandwiches in Can’tberra boutique coffee shops, and attending copious amounts of bureaucratic meetings in which fantasy and nonsense is promulgated and group discussions take place regarding the photographic design and colour details for the glossy annual report are robustly debated.

Best of luck Glenn, you are going to need it when dealing with this departmental Can’tberra circus. Tootle…..Pip

Last edited by Paragraph377; 26th Aug 2021 at 00:20.