PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Afghanistan 2021 Onwards
View Single Post
Old 24th Aug 2021, 21:45
woptb

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ORAC
A little economical with the truth.

He has been told, as a UK passport holder he will be allowed to fly. His Afghan staff have been told they can join the queue - not jump it - with no guarantee they will get to fly. His animals haven’t been cleared to travel and no staff are in theatre to Corsair them to fly.

The Taliban haven’t been consulted and have stated the Afghans won’t be allowed to reach the airport. There is no reason why the USA, UK or anyone else would help to overcome that problem.

You state they can do the turn round themselves, fine, in which case they have the complete civil side of the airport to do so - otherwise which military flight would you propose they bump to open a slot for them?

I am not saying all the above is insurmountable - but in the timescale remaining it will distract attention from the primary task - and I’m not willing to see one child or adult die to save a donkey.

Consider that classless if you wish.

If you want me to be really ruthless - in the next couple of months they might provide the meat that keeps a few kids alive in Afghanistan….
Nice deflection,but I believe you referred to Pen bleating?
He was and is mostly concerned about his 68 Afghan staff and yes they will, if they can,get the dogs & cats out,incidentally that would be underfloor. Your comments might appear to some,meant to distract from what you initially said about Pen. You obviously had and have,little knowledge of what he’s done out there and how much he cares about his colleagues.
The classy thing was to perhaps,not to have doubled down on your initial statement. Regarding slots and ramp space,I don’t know the situation, but then again neither do you!
And yes,I do consider it classless.