PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus + Cathay working on Single Pilot during Cruise with A350
Old 24th Aug 2021, 11:36
vilas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Uplinker
There may other complications but I will answer two specific questions raised by you. A350 can do EMER DES without any intervention from pilot and includes all the actions that pilot may do. German wings case is a rare occurrence and I don't think it's avoidable with two in front. The more common occurrence is, Rostov on don with two in front and one on the left going crazy and copilot unable to prevent the crash. Atlas air with two in front and one on the right going crazy and the captain unable to prevent the crash or like in Paris in a A350, three of them in front with a false WS ahead warning, all three going crazy and forgetting the AP is off just hit TOGA and nobody flies the aircraft for sometime causing excursion on to the other RW, busting Go around altitude. Some human factor is pulled out of the hat to close the case. I posted before that humans are in the front to use their skills to save the situation but when serviceable aircraft without any mitigation are crashed by those in front then it defeats the purpose of having them there. Human factors is a bad advertisement for human presence. So technology says if you cannot change humans then replace them.

Last edited by vilas; 24th Aug 2021 at 13:30.