PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cargolux details requested!
View Single Post
Old 24th Aug 2021, 09:07
SunchaserMIA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BCFPilot
Has there been any update to staff travel in the meantime?
I understand it's not too long ago since the last post regarding staff travel, but this is as well for me a major factor in considering my Cargolux job offer.

If staff travel is not possible, how would it work with living abroad (inside EU) and working from Luxembourg?
How well can this be combined with the working schedule and reporting times?

Anybody mind to share their experience?
My question was mostly about freighter flights, which has already been answered, and unfortunately this is extremely restricted at the moment. Actually I found it surprising as other European full-cargo carriers do not have such restrictions in place, so there is a chance that it might be lifted / relaxed in future.

Regarding passenger flights, the issue is that CV is not part of any major airline group or alliance, so they have almost no agreements except for the Luxair one. However, as for commuting, it should actually be feasible also with full-fare tickets. Staff travel within Europe is usually not that much cheaper due to the high airport taxes and at least you will be confirmed space. Y class also survivable on short-haul.