PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Advanced rumours for new bmibaby Teesside routes
Old 18th Dec 2003, 17:20
TwinAisle
Scourge of Bad Airline Management!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1. Yes. But they have finite funds and are determined not to go down the "do it all on tick" road adopted by too many of their competitors.....

2. They can. They just need to wiggle things about a bit.

3. "Loads mean diddly" - they do in normal fare models, but they don't in the low cost world. The pricing model is different.

4. You HAVE grasped the low cost model!!

So could you have predicted which routes out of Cardiff would sell best? If so, you are wasted as a PPRUNE moderator - you could earn a serious fortune doing route planning, and the airlines would kill for you.....

5. Cardiff does need better links. As does Bristol. I am amazed that this is even arguable, personally.... any other Cardiff locals want to comment?

6. Fair cop - I can't count, it was late... no excuse!

7. See bmi's financial results..... what you ain't got, you don't spend.

8. I have more faith in TD than you do, clearly.... you sort of imply that baby run half empty out of Cardiff, which I can assure you is not true. Like all airlines, some routes do better than others, but overall, I would bet baby is committed to Cardiff. I wasn't referring to his ability to fill his aircraft (which is clearly a strength...) but more to his ability to play the long hard game with the powers that be....

TA