PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 'The U.S.A has your back'...what does that mean?
Old 24th Aug 2021, 06:29
transport jock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
we saved your silly asses during WWII. We just have a imbecile running our country right now.
I am not anti american at all, but this statement is exactly why the rest of the world has a different view of America compared to how they see themselves.. I am not going in to details but that statement is wrong on so many levels..

Not much being said about the Afghan army, and the speed with which it collapsed.
I was also rather disgusted how easily they gave up the fight, but listening and reading to some details after that happened, you can hardly blame them fully. They were apparently very very well paid for what they did, so I am sure the majority of the afghan soldiers joined purely for the money with no intention to ever really fight when needed. Also when the soldiers see their president running away with 100's of Million $ in a helicopter, they see the pictures and videos of the inside of Dostrum's palace (one of the original Northern Alliance commanders) filled with gold chairs, statues etc etc, and most importantly the sudden abandonment of Bagram by the USA, you cant really blame them for being deflated and not having a will to fight.

Having said that I have seen videos of Afghan soldiers crying and refusing to give up their weapons to their commanders when he wants to surrender. I have seen the videos of the afghan special forces putting up a fight and being executed when captured. I have seen the protests by civilians, men and woman against the Taliban rule. Those are the soldiers and civilians fighting for their country, their families and freedom.. This story is a long way from being done..

Biden should be held responsible for this current mess, the way it was planned and implemented. If they wanted to impeach trump for something far less important than what Biden has done, then there is no excuse for not going after Biden as well...

By the way, I live in the middle east, I have been to Bagram, Kandahar and Kabul many times so I also have personal interests in whats happening there now, and I am sad and disgusted...