PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 24th Aug 2021, 05:57
KRviator

Received 117 Likes on 61 Posts
Originally Posted by Paragraph377
Chief health officer Kerry Chant has warned NSW that masks may still be needed 'for years' to battle COVID-19. Woohoo. How exciting that will be! It’s a great day to be a NSW resident.
She's at least being more realistic and sensible about it than McGoose, Anna Stay-Away or Dan...And from comments of various medico's overseas, she's probably right!

"Zero Covid! Queenslander's haven't given up on it! Look how great we're doing, you can go to school, the pub, etc..." - Anna Stay-Away's comments today...
"Zero Covid! I will not tolerate any Covid cases or deaths in WA on my watch!" - McGoose's comments a couple days ago.
"Zero Covid! My never-ending supply of lockdowns and arresting kiddies in the playground can make it happen!" Dan Andrews' comments today

Then there's the reality of vaccination and actually living with the Delta strain, as demonstrated by several jurisdictions overseas - including the ones that Premier's like McGowan like to overlook because they've got vaccination rates above that to which he agreed he would open the border's, ease restrictions, move to more targeted lockdowns etc..

It is here to stay, it will get in, no matter how hard you try to keep it out, and case numbers will blow out, no matter what you do - unless you plan to lockdown your capital city for every individual case Mr McGowan??