PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TUI airways-2
Thread: TUI airways-2
View Single Post
Old 23rd Aug 2021, 13:40
whatdoesthisbuttondo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeehaww22

Apologies if my post was insensitive, I was obviously speaking from a pilot’s pov but my view is also reflected in the cabin crew I work with at LGW also, I’m aware not everyone in the business has been so lucky.

Our pilots union (who have a great and mutually beneficial relationship with management) right at the beginning was very proactive and negotiated a big pay drop for all of us to avoid any redundancy, with a staged increase as the months, and work built up again, we’ve now moved up to 90% of our basic pay but that’s only just happened really. This was done long before other airlines started looking at redundancies.

The advantage TUI has is also that all our passengers are holiday passengers which unlike business travel hasn’t been replaced by zoom and teams meetings, plus the company has been great in coming up with and providing the popular testing packages.

I’m sorry to hear that you or others may be feeling a very different experience at the moment and hopefully that will improve soon.