PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 23rd Aug 2021, 00:49
43Inches

Received 419 Likes on 231 Posts
If you are going to use an example or analogy, make sure it's valid. Don't just spew opinions based on some thought, that you haven't thought through. I find that some of you are very removed from the reality of one, covid and two what low paid life is really like and are speaking for people you have little connection with. This really shows in your comments, hence why I have added I have friends on both sides of the fence both in big business and in low paid work, both sides are coping fine, but are suffering some stress (for various reasons). It's quite easy to spot what's going on when you actually engage with your community rather than sit and rummage through internet conspiracies about what might be happening to your neighbors. Get out and speak to them it's great for your mental health.

I watched a Psycologist from Cairns on the morning news talking about the effects of Lockdown on Sydney and Melbourne kids and sprouting that Dan is Covering up important information on teenage girls. Now I listened to what he had to say, but surely they could have got one of thousands of child psychologists in Melbourne or Sydney to talk about this, from an actual front line point of view. From an anecdotal point of view our parents group has mentioned a number of young girls who have gone to see the psych this year, because they are struggling with school, mainly bullying when its open, not lockdown. So context to the numbers in our area is nothing to do with lockdown at all, that could be different for different communities, but who knows.

Last edited by 43Inches; 23rd Aug 2021 at 01:02.